My kids go bananas for mac-n-cheese and I feel better making it from scratch so I know what they are getting nutrition wise. Here is our favorite Mac & Cheese recipe!
Mac & Cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 c milk
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 c butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add pasta, and cook until done; drain.
- In 9×13 inch baking dish, stir together macaroni, shredded Cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle topping over macaroni mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is golden.
- Copyright © © ColoradoMoms.com
- Calories: 3902
- Sugar: 25
- Sodium: 4535
- Fat: 256
- Saturated Fat: 155
- Unsaturated Fat: 81
- Trans Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 214
- Protein: 184
- Cholesterol: 779