Quick, Easy, Cheap. Best kind of valentines. I found the idea on Pinterest and ChefMessy.com. Total cost was $5 for 50 handmade, heart shaped crayon valentines.
- Heart shaped ice cube trays – 2 for $2.50 – found at Target (in the Dollar Spot)
- Generic crayons – $1 for box of 64 – found at Michael’s in the kids craft area
- Misc. pink craft paper, $0.25 per sheet – also at Michael’s.
- Remove the paper from your crayons. I grouped mine in colors, blue, green, yellow in one batch and red, pink, purple, in another.
- Chop into 1/4 inch pieces and place in molds.
- Bake in a 250 degree, preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely (approx 1 hour) and pop out of the molds.
Voila! Now all you have to do is stick them to your valentines (you can use glue dots or double sided tape) and sit back and marvel over how darn crafty you are.