It’s hard to imagine improving on the perfection that is a Thin Mint cookie. Once our yearly stockpile runs out, we’re forced to wait until those adorable little girls com around again, peddling their boxes. While it might be tough to justify breaking out that box you’ve got stashed away when you know there’s a long wait, but believe me – making a batch of these decadent Thin Mint truffles is well worth it.
1 box Thin Mints Girl Scout Cookies
8 oz cream cheese – softened
1/2 cup Wilton dark cocoa candy melts
1/2 cup Wilton dark green candy melts
1/2 cup vibrant green candy melts
Dark green jimmies sprinkles
Bright green jimmies sprinkles
Chocolate jimmies sprinkles
1. Line a large cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
2. Place the cookies in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a medium mixing bowl.
3. Add the softened cream cheese. Mix well. (You may find it easier to just use your hands).
4. Cover and chill for 15 minutes for easier handling.
5. Roll the chilled truffle mixture into 18 (1 inch) balls and place on the lined cookie sheet.
6. Freeze for 10 minutes.
7. Melt the dark cocoa candy melts in a double boiler or a Wilton melting pot. For the double boiler, warm the candy melts under medium heat, stirring occasionally until melted and smooth.
8. Dip 6 of the balls into the melted dark cocoa chocolate (I used a toothpick and a spoon) and return to the lined cookie sheet.
9. Immediately sprinkle the truffle balls with the dark and light green jimmies. NOTE: The chocolate hardens fast because the truffles were in the freezer. I ended up dipping one truffle at a time and sprinkling it with jimmies before moving onto the next truffle.
10. Melt the dark green candy melts in a double boiler or a Wilton melting pot.
11. Dip 6 balls into the melted dark green chocolate and place on the lined cookie sheet.
12. Immediately sprinkle with the chocolate jimmies.
13. Melt the vibrant green candy melts.
14. Dip the remaining balls into the melted vibrant green chocolate and place back on the lined cookie sheet.
15. Immediately sprinkle the truffle balls with the dark and light green jimmies before the chocolate hardens.