The hottest movie right now is LEGO Batman. It’s #1 at the box office for the 2nd week in a row! My boys keep quoting lines and begging to go back to see it again. In the meantime, we decided to have a bit of fun and make our own play dough, naturally in LEGO Batman colors.
DIY LEGO Batman play dough
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Yellow food color (or paint)
- Black water color paint
1. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the flour and salt to combine.
2. Add the cold water and oil. Mix until well incorporated.
3. Remove the play dough from the mixing bowl and place on a flat, working surface. Knead for about 5 minutes until a soft and elastic dough forms.
4. Divide the dough in half and place in separate bowls.
5. Add about 1/2 teaspoon of yellow food gel (or yellow water color paint) into the first bowl. Knead until the color is evenly distributed.
6. Add 1 tablespoon of black paint into the second bowl. I originally tried using black food coloring but the play dough turned green. I had much better luck mixing in the black paint. Knead until the color is evenly distributed.
*Store in plastic Ziploc bags for up to 1 month.