From fireworks to barbeques to bands…there’s plenty to do around Denver over 4th of July weekend, and on the actual day itself! Here’s our list of great ways to celebrate in and around the metro area.
- Arvada — events begin at 4pm on July 4 at the Lutz/Stenger Sports Complex. Bouncy houses, face painting, food trucks, and a fireworks show simulcast by KOOL 105. Event is free, costs for food vendors.
- Aurora — 6pm-10pm on July 4 at Aurora Municipal Center. Food, live music, and a fireworks display. Event is free, costs for food.
- Downtown Denver — events begin at 8pm on July 3 at Civic Center Park. Bands including Chris Daniels and the Kings and the 101st Army Band from Buckley AFB, a light show, and fireworks display. Event is free, costs for concessions.
- Four Mile Park — 5pm-10pm on July 1 at Four Mile Historic Park. Old-time games, history demonstrations, live music, horse-drawn wagon rides and more. Beer garden, food trucks, and viewing of the Glendale fireworks show. Admission is free, but there are costs for food and some individual activities.
- Littleton/Englewood — events from 3pm-10pm on July 4 at Belleview, Progress, and Cornerstone Parks. Food trucks, bouncy houses, face painting, and a fireworks show. Admission is free, costs for some individual events and for food purchases.
- Littleton — events from 5pm-10pm on July 1 at Clement Park. Bounce houses, live music, food trucks, beer gardens. Admission is free, costs for some activities and food and drink purchases.
- Northglenn — events all day from 7a-10p on July 4 at E. B. Rains Jr. Memorial Park. Beginning with a pancake breakfast and 4mi run, events continue with a pooch parade, duck derby race, bands, a special military recognition, and end with fireworks. Admission to the event is free, but there are costs for some individual events like the race, and for food purchases.
- Thornton — events kick off at 4pm on July 4 at Carpenter Park Fields. Beer gardens, food trucks, bands, skydivers, ending with a fireworks show. Free admission, costs for food and drinks