Schitt’s Creek. I mean, I just need a moment to collect myself just typing the title.
This show first appeared to me after a long Netflix binge of Gilmore Girls. I was WAY late to the party and only started Gilmore Girls at Thanksgiving. There’s a WHOLE ‘nother post about that and how fast I binged brewing, but focus. Focus Emily.
Schitt’s Creek looked promising. I love Eugene Levy and heard his son was funny and did some stuff on MTV Canada. Now wait. I have to interrupt again and say to my Canadian friends reading this… WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME DAN LEVY IS EVERYTHING?! I mean, whatever. Thanks for giving us Gosling and Bieber, but did you really think you could just keep Dan to yourself?
Like for real. I’m being serious. But now that I have been caught up on how amazing Daniel Levy is, I guess we can move on to the show. I mean, it’s why you’re
reading skimming this post anyway.
Okay, so here are like, the 7 reasons to watch and stuff…
1. Schitt’s Creek is hilarious and the first 2 seasons are on Netflix. It’s a show about a well to-do family who loses everything and ends up living in a town they bought as a joke for their son.
2. They are quick little 20 minute episodes that go fast, so you can binge and be done with both seasons before you head home from work tomorrow.
3. Moira is my spirit animal. I’m not even lying. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I adore Catherine O’Hara in this show. Brilliant doesn’t even begin to cover it.
4. Alexis is perfection. I really wish she would do a fashion column here on ColoradoMoms, but like, having “mom” in my url would totally not go over well with her. Like that time when she was taken hostage on David Geffen’s yacht by Somali pirates for a week and nobody answered her texts?! Yeah, I better not count on her writing for me, but I can dream!
5. Hot Guys are on the show too. Eye Candy.
6. Stevie is the human form of an eye roll and I cannot get enough. Her face literally reacts to everything perfectly and it’s like she’s the grown-up version of every teen from 1995.
7. You guys, Eugene. and. Dan. Levy. Enough. Said.
For real, this show has me in tears laughing every. single. time. I loved it so much, I’m going back to re-binge it. My old life goal was to hang out with Matt Damon at Wahlburgers in Boston. My new life goal is to either grab coffee or cocktails with Dan Levy and/or be an extra on Schitt’s Creek. LIFE GOALS PEOPLE. Life. Goals.
disclosure: I am part of the Netflix #StreamTeam. No monetary compensation was made for this post and all thoughts and opinions are mine. I really am THIS OBSESSED with Dan Levy.