I’m happy to report that the High Park Fire is now 100% contained. As of today, July 2nd, the Waldo Canyon Fire is now 55% contained. So now what? What happens next? After a fire is no longer active, many not directly affected think, “Phew! Glad that’s over.” But this is the time the community needs us the most. To help clean up and rebuild.
Samaritan’s Purse is an organization that does just that. I was humbled by this video I saw on their website.
Here is a little more about how they work and help those affected by disaster right here in our own community.
- Samaritan’s Purse is working to help wildfire victims in Estes Park, Colorado and surrounding areas.
- Right now, they have positioned one of Samaritan’s Purse’s disaster relief units in the affected area. This unit is a tractor-trailer stocked with emergency supplies—ready to roll at a moment’s notice. It serves as our team’s command post. The team has established a base of operations at Timberline Church in Fort Collins, CO.
- The Samaritan’s Purse team in Colorado is assisting homeowners, helping them move debris and search home sites for valuables that can be salvaged. Assessment teams are entering new areas, meeting with homeowners and writing up work orders.
- Samaritan’s Purse sends out assessment teams into wildfire ravaged communities and identifies homeowners who are in need of help. Storm victims can fill out work requests and then they send teams out to help work on these home sites.
- They’ve had over 100 volunteers come forward to help the Samaritan’s Purse relief efforts in Colorado. These volunteers come from all over the United States, including locally in Colorado.
- To find out more information about Samaritan’s Purse or ways to get involved, go to www.samaritanspurse.org
If you know of any other organizations that help families clean up and rebuild after a fire, please link them below.
disclaimer: This is NOT a sponsored post in any way. I truly believe in Samaritan’s Purse, their mission and everything they do.
Latest posts by Emily (see all)
- Baked Potato Soup - February 21, 2015
- Margarita Fruit Snacks - January 31, 2015
- Wine Fruit Snacks – The Recipe You Have to See to Believe! - January 31, 2015