**update: Winners will be announced soon!**
Would you like to attend an overnight, family-friendly campout with a celebrity chef cooking your meals, live entertainment, fun outdoor activities and all the Coleman gear you need provided?
What is it? The Coleman Company, Inc. is hosting a private camping event for 15 families. I get to choose 3 of those families from amongst my blog readers!
Why are they hosting this event? Coleman has partnered with National Wildlife Federation (NWF) to sponsor this year’s Great American Backyard Campout. Coleman and NWF want to inspire parents to get their families outside, even if they’ve never camped before.
If I win, what do I get? The winners will receive a family ticket (for a family of up to five) to attend the Coleman Great American Backyard Campout event. You are responsible for your own transportation, so it’s better if you live close enough to drive. We won’t exclude you because of distance, though – if you’re willing to make the trip, you can enter! At the campout, you and your family will get:
- A full campsite worth of Coleman gear for you to use at the event, and take home with you when it’s over (this includes An 8-person Instant Tent, two Queen-size airbeds, one Adjustable Comfort Sleeping Bag per family member, a CPX 6 LED Duo Lantern, one CPX 4.5 LED Flashlight per family member, a 50-QT Xtreme 5 Wheeled Cooler, two Patio Sling Chairs, two Quad Chairs with Cooler, a lighted tent fan and some additional small goodies like playing cards and a compass. Approximate retail value is $1,500.)
- Horseback riding
- Meals, recipes and outdoor cooking instruction from a local celebrity chef
- Fishing instructions from a Shakespeare fishing pro fisherman
- Stargazing with an astronomer
- Live campfire sing-alongs with a local musician
- Guided morning hike with a delicious breakfast at the destination
- Easy ways your family can help the environment while camping from Leave No Trace
- Lots of Coleman helpers to lend a hand if you have questions about the outdoors
- Plenty of fun leisure activities, like a bean bag toss, Frisbee throwing, card games and more
My family has never been camping before. Can we still attend? Absolutely! This event is designed for campers who don’t have a lot of experience, or any experience at all. Plenty of Coleman folks will be available to give you a hand with your gear and answer any questions you may have. We’ll also have modern facilities and running water at the campsite, so there’s no need to worry about going too “extreme” your first time out.
Where is the event located, since I have to travel? Bear Creek Lake Park, 15600 W. Morrison Road, Morrison, CO 80465.
When is it? The Great American Backyard Campout takes place on June 23, 2012. Coleman’s event will be taking place from 11 a.m. on June 23 until 10 a.m. on June 24.
What is the Great American Backyard Campout all about? Great American Backyard Campout is part of National Wildlife Federation’s “Be Out There” movement, which is designed to provide tools that inspire parents and children to spend time in the outdoors. Over the next three years, NWF’s goal is to get 10 million more kids playing outside on a regular basis. Spending a night under the stars is the perfect way to start.
That’s a lot of info – but now I’d really like to attend with my family. How does the contest work? It’s easy! In 100 words or less, tell me these things:
- Your name, phone number and email address. We’ll only call or email you if you’re a winner, and we won’t disclose your info to anyone else.
- If you’re willing to travel to the event location on June 23.
- Why your family would like to attend the campout.
On June 8, I’ll be selecting 3 winners from the entries I receive from you. I’ll inform the winners individually, and we’ll coordinate with Coleman to get you everything you need before the campout. Then, we’ll see each other on June 23! For full contest rules, click here.
**Winners will be announced soon!**
disclosure: a member of Coloradomoms.com will be attending this event and receiving promotional materials and camping equipment as part of this promotion. No monetary compensation was made. Winners will be selected by a member of our staff and notified by June 9th and will have 48 hours to confirm they are accepting the prize or a new winner will be selected.
Latest posts by Emily (see all)
- Summer in Denver with Kids: A to Z - April 23, 2014
- Autism and Wandering – Six Tips to Help Prevent the Unthinkable - April 22, 2014
- March of Dimes March for Babies Colorado Walk Saturday, April 26 - April 21, 2014