It’s National Banana Bread Day! How are you celebrating? 😉 Why not make this tasty recipe by Kate!
Papa Knitschmidt has quite the sweet tooth and likes to bake. He has made some amazingly yummy treats! When Chalupa Boy was a baby I worked for Papa for a while. There was always some kind of mini candy bar or chocolate nugget of one variety or another in the jar on his desk. But my favorite days were the ones when Papa had been baking and there was something wrapped up waiting for me.
I promptly stole the recipe for his Apple Banana Bread and shared it with the Colorado Moms. It quickly became an institution. It’s famous, I tell you! You know you want to make some…
- 3 apples, peeled and grated
- 3 bananas mashed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (non-essential, just to keep fruit from browning during prep)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sprinkle apples and bananas with lemon juice. In a mixing bowl cream together butter, sugar and eggs and beat well.
- Stir in fruit. Add dry ingredients and vanilla. Stir.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes until golden brown. Done when a toothpick comes out dry.
- Copyright © ColoradoMoms.com