I found an amazing recipe on The Reluctant Gormet and made some modifications to perfect it for our family. Everyone gobbled it up! Ignore the fact it’s not every heart healthy with all the bacon grease, cheese and heavy cream… That’s what makes it even more delicious!
Oh! And if you don’t happen to have heavy cream on hand, I mixed 1/3 c melted butter/margine with 3/4 c regular milk and added 1 tablespoon of flour. Mix it up and viola! Makes 1 cup heavy cream.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pearl onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 strips of bacon
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 bag of frozen peas, thawed
- 1-pound gnocchi
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg (I cheated and used pumpkin pie spice and it worked just as well)
- 1. Cook Gnocchi according to package
- 2. In a med. skillet, sauté oil, butter, onion, garlic over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add bacon and cook until no longer white (doesn't have to be crisp)
- 3. Add chicken stock and heavy cream and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes. Add pearl onions and peas and cook for another couple of minutes.
- 4. Remove from heat and combine with gnocchi. Add parmesan cheese, nutmeg and toss to coat. Serves 4.
- Copyright © © ColoradoMoms.com
Latest posts by Emily (see all)
- The Amazing Way Ring Video Doorbell Can Help My Autistic Son - July 18, 2016
- #WonderAwaits at the Westin Denver Downtown for Families - July 6, 2016
- Vintage Dresses Inspired by the 1940s WWII Era Ball - June 22, 2016