I absolutely love it when I get a request to review a new car. New car smell, the latest features, bells and whistles galore… all these happy thoughts start to swirl in my head. I get giddy thinking about messing with the sound system and programming channels and adjusting everything to be absolutely perfectly the way I love it. I’m in my car a LOT with three boys and a busy schedule, so I have certain things I look for in each car I review.
My latest review/loan was for the 2017 Prius. As a long time Toyota fan, I was super stoked to be able to have the latest in eco friendly hybrid technology. The main reasons behind my long time obsession with Toyota are a.) safety and b.) fuel efficiency. With an estimated gas mileage of 54/50 you’ll definitely get more bang for your buck without breaking the bank.
First, I’ll tell you a bit about the features I was able to enjoy while testing out the new Prius. Included features of the 2017 Prius include but aren’t limited to:
- Available in 7 gorgeous colors to choose from.
- Toyota Safety Sense, an advanced series of safety technologies to keep you safe on the road.
- Qi Compatible Wireless Smartphone Charging capabilities.
- 7 inch Touch Screen Display.
- Lane Departure Alert. Issues both audible and visual warnings. Additionally, if the system detects that the driver isn’t taking corrective steering action, the Steering Assist function will gently correct your steering.
- mitigating or preventing frontal collisions.
- helping to keep drivers within their lane.
- enhancing road safety during nighttime driving.