One of my boys and I’s favorite days! We tell piratey jokes that make each other groan.
- What arrr a pirates favorite games? Gin and Rummy!
- How much does it cost a pirate to get a piercing? A buck an ear!
- How much did the pirate pay for his peg leg and hook? An arm and a leg!
- What has 8 arms and 8 legs? Eight pirates!
- How did the pirate stop smoking? He used the patch!
And some that make them laugh hysterically because there are some naughty words or off color things implied in them.
A little kid with a speech impediment dresses up as a pirate and goes trick or treating. he knocks on the door of a house and a man answers. “oh, i can see you’re dressed up as a pirate.” the man says. “but where are your buccaneers?” the kid gets really mad, and says “on the sides of my buckin’ head!”
To find out how you can celebrate, check out Tech Savvy Mama’s post today! She has a great list of resources, ideas and fun stuff!
Now I’m off to swap the poop deck, er, change a diaper.