Sometimes I stumble on something soooo yummy, that we gobble it up before I can get a picture. This is one of those times.
Stuffed peppers are one of our family’s favorite dinners, but they’re not my favorite to make. Between cooking the rice, browning the meat, mixing the filling, and baking the finished casserole, it adds up to a lot of dishes, and quite a lot of work!
So I gathered up a few of my Wildtree blends, and hacked this easy, one-pot recipe for all the scrumptious flavor with half the effort.
If you’re not familiar with Wildtree, it’s an awesome, homegrown company that offers scratch-made, organic meal solutions for busy families, many of which are gluten- and allergen-free. Ever since discovering Wildtree, my meal prep has become so much easier, yummier, and dare I say FUN? While the website is full of yummy recipes, the most fun for me is dreaming up new ones of my own, like this one!
This is one of our new favorites–the kids request it over and over, and I don’t mind because it is sooo simple and tasty.
Photo Credit: annstheclaf
Stuffed Pepper Soup
This one-pot version of the classic Stuffed Peppers means easy prep and cleanup! And it makes enough for a crowd, or a second meal!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 c. onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp steak seasoning, such as Wildtree Rancher Steak Rub
- 1 large or 2 small green bell pepper, diced
- 2-15 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1-15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 c beef or vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning, such as Wildtree Hearty Spaghetti
- 1/2 c. uncooked long grain white rice
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, brown beef with onions and steak seasoning over med-high heat until fully cooked. Add garlic and bell peppers, cook just until garlic is fragrant. Drain fat. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, add rice. Reduce heat to a low simmer, cover, and cook 20 minutes until rice is cooked. Add more warm broth if a thinner soup is desired. Serve with grated Parmesan if desired.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 515
- Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Unsaturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Protein: 22
- Cholesterol: 54
disclaimer: I am an Independent Representative for Wildtree, and I receive a commission from any purchases made via the links in this post.