In today’s society we’re surrounded with friends, family, work associates, etc. who are always looking for the latest and greatest. If I’m being honest, I’d have to say I’m a fan of the latest and greatest myself but I don’t drive myself crazy in the pursuit. I’m more than happy to visit my local retailers, test out the products to see what the hype is about and say I’ve seen it but at the end of the day I’m usually pretty happy with what I have. Unless of course it comes to cars! Ever since I was a teenager I’ve loved cars of all shapes and sizes, so, whenever a new model is released by some of my favorite companies, I’m all over them.
Luckily for me, I’ve struck up a partnership with some awesome companies and am able to work with them to review their latest models. For example, Mitsubishi released their 2017 Outlander and I was chosen for the chance to test drive it around for a few days so I could share the experience with my readers. As much as I’ve loved being able to test drive last years models, I was beyond stoked to be able to drive the Outlander around during our trial period. After all, who doesn’t love being able to experience the newest of the new when it first comes out?
Although we don’t technically need the room, the 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander is fantastic for larger families or even carpooling moms who like to lend a hand getting their little ones teammates back and forth to practice. I personally like that it has room for 7 passengers and then some and those extra seats that my kiddos and I didn’t use, were great for storing gear, groceries, etc. The third row was definitely a big plus when running errands around town.
It was recently named one of Consumer Reports best crossovers/SUVs for the snow and I got to test that out properly. We had a decent snowfall when we were driving it and it handled like a dream. Colorado is known for another car brand in the snow (and I own one!) but I have to say, this Mitsubishi Outlander out performed my own self-proclaimed snow beast!
Available in 7 different colors to choose from, the Outlander is perfect for any family. It’s yet another atypical “mom mobile” but can be driven by just about anyone thanks to it’s stylish and sleek design. For families who shy away from mini vans and are looking for an attractive alternative to fit in with their large families, this is definitely the vehicle to look into. It’s also recognized for its To Safety Pick+ award, making it ideal for families or couples and even first time drivers!
Space and attractiveness aside, the 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander is also host to a lot of neat features that you’ll love fiddling around with and getting to know, whether you plan on buying or are just testing out perspective choices:
- 10 year warranty. When it comes to buying a new vehicle, you’ll feel great knowing that Mitsubishi offers a 10 year/100,000 mile limited warranty.
- Adaptive Cruise Control that utilizes radar technology to gauge distances between you and the vehicle ahead of you.
- Forward Collision Mitigation that utilizes both laser radar and camera technology to determine if a frontal collision with a vehicle or pedestrian is possible. It also uses visual and audio signals to reduce the risk of collision.
- Multi-view Camera System. It uses multiple cameras to create a composite, birds eye view of your vehicle and wide angle view to help see what’s directly behind you.
- Part Assist Sensors.
- Rear Seat Entertainment System (so handy when you have kids!)
- Rockford Fosgate Stereo System* (The music nerd inside of me practically exploded with joy when I saw, and heard, the sound system. Worth the price of the car for this alone to me! Ha!)
There are so many great features to talk about with the 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander but I wanted to name a few of my favorites that I was able to play around with and come to appreciate during our test drive. Whether you’re a single individual, couple or family, the Mitsubishi Outlander is the ideal model you want to be sure to check out if you’re in the market for a new vehicle. It’s trendy, has a ton of space you can utilize in whichever way your lifestyle needs and is a safe option to have on your side when out and about.