My cupboard is starting to burst at the seams with Girl Scout Cookies. I can’t help it…I am a sucker for cookies and I can’t say no when some little kid comes up to me and begs me to buy some. I’m weak, I know. I decided to try something a little different with the Thin Mints. This Thin Mint dip is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, too and it’s super easy to put together.
You could also sub Tagalongs and peanut M&M’s if you’re not into the chocolate and mint thing. It’s pretty amazing either way.
13 oz. jar or 2 (7 oz) Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme
8 oz brick full-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup vanilla cake mix
12 Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies plus a few for garnish
1/4 cup mint M&M’s
Green food coloring (optional)
1. Mix the marshmallow cream and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy – about 3 minutes.
2. Add the cake mix and mix for an additional 30 seconds.
3. If you would like to tint the dip green, add a drop or two of green food coloring. Use the electric mixer to fully incorporate the color through out the dip – about 1 minute on medium speed.
4. Chill for 30 minutes.
5. Cut the Thin Mint cookies into small pieces.
6. Chop the mint M&M’s into smaller pieces. You can place them in a Ziploc bag and roll them with a rolling pin to break them up.
7. Once the dip is chilled, fold in the chopped cookie and candy pieces.
8. Garnish with additional whole cookies and candy pieces.
-Keep refrigerated until ready to serve; store in an airtight container
-Serve with fresh fruit, graham crackers, nilla wafers and pretzels