Confession time: I’m a serial cosmetics junkie. I love trying new products, and I’m a sucker for the gifts-with-purchase at the department store counters. Since I have sensitive, allergy-prone skin, I used to always believe that you get what you pay for in terms of quality, however I have learned over the years that drugstores and discount stores do have some really great steals. My favorite discounter to purchase beauty products is Target–between their everyday low prices, Cartwheel coupon app, an automatic 5% off with my RedCard, and 1% back to my kid’s school, I can always find a bargain.
Here’s a rundown of my must-haves, in no particular order:
- Pixi Glow Tonic ($15) A favorite of UK women, this do-it-all toner is now available in the US! Glycolic acid tones, refines, and brightens while aloe soothes for a fresh, clean face no matter your skin type.
- Boots No. 7 Lift and Luminate Foundation ($15.99) Another British import, this lightweight foundation gives surprisingly good coverage and brightens skin for a youthful glow.
- Pacifica Alight BB Cream/Primer ($15.99) This shade-adjusting primer works underneath makeup for smoother, longer-lasting coverage. The subtle sheen provides just enough glow without leaving you looking shiny. Wear it alone for sheer, natural coverage and brightening.
- Crack Hair Fix Original Styling Cream ($10) As a naturally curly girl, I can’t rave enough about this product. It tames frizz like nothing else I’ve ever tried, whether I am straightening my hair or rocking it au naturele. Run it through wet hair before combing for smoothing, extra hold, and shine.
- Shea Moisture African Black Soap Face & Body Bar ($5) I struggle with adult acne, and yet I’m over 30, so I also have some fine lines and dryness. Most acne products formulated for younger skin are too drying for me. This bar is made with nourishing shea butter to protect and soothe sensitive skin while charcoal, tea tree, and rosemary oils tackle breakouts before they start.
- Sonia Kashuk Core Tools Foundation Brush ($12.99) If you’ve never tried applying your liquid foundation with a brush, you’re missing out! Brushes help reach those difficult “curves” of your face such as around the nose and eyes, and under the jawline. This is a well-made brush that feels super soft, doesn’t shed, and will save your wallet in the long run from buying all those little disposable sponges.
- e.l.f. 3-in-1 Mascara ($3) At a mere $3 a pop, this is one of my absolute favorite cosmetics. Non-clumping, non-smudging formula that lasts all day, and doesn’t flake off and irritate my contact lenses. The brush is perfectly shaped to define and lengthen lashes, with a rounded tip that’s perfect for reaching the tiny lashes at the corners of your eyes.
- Orly Top 2 Bottom Base + Topcoat ($8.99) Orly is by far my FAVE nail care brand. Their long-lasting, salon-quality polishes come in a wide array of trendy and classic colors. I’m so excited that I can finally buy my Orly products at Target! This multitasker can be used underneath nail color to strengthen nails and help color adhere, as well as being a great topcoat that seals color with serious shine, and protects against chips.
- Balm Chicky Balm Balm ($7) This generously-sized lip balm is deeply moisturizing, and comes in five delicious flavors. The handy “Friend End” is a flip cap on the opposite end that you can open to share some balm with a friend (or kid) without sharing cooties, too.
- SoapBox Argan Oil Shampoo & Conditioner ($4.99 each) This budget-friendly line of haircare donates one month of clean water with each purchase. It’s sulfate- and paraben-free, so it’s safe for color treated hair, and the argan oil leaves hair unbelievably soft and shiny without weighing it down.
disclaimer: this post was not sponsored in any way by Target or the brands mentioned. No compensation was made, I just really love Target THAT much.