Leave it to the moms at twittermoms.com to have the best ideas! http://www.twittermoms.com/forum/topics/share-5-fun-family-vacation So many of the moms on here have amazing ideas for family fun vacations! Being a mom of 3 boys, we are always on the go. The following are some of my vacation ideas, for the moms in Colorado!
1. Glenwood Springs – seriously, if you have kids and haven’t gone yet, you NEED to! The Caverns are soooo much fun! Hotel Colorado is haunted (I totally know it is, I heard and experienced the same things as the ghost hunters!!!). The Hot Springs may smell like your husbands feet, but are so warm and nice and Maroon Bells/Aspen is a short 30 minute jaunt! That means Celebs and Shopping!
2. Colorado Springs – They have the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, Air Force Academy and my fave restaurant, The Depot! So much fun and only an hour south of Denver! AND home to Colorado’s only Dunkin Donuts. If that doesn’t make CoSpring the best city in Colorado, I don’t know what will.
3. Estes Park – Hiking, fishing, nature hikes, this town has it all! The brewery has great eats and yummy beers (I’ve tried them all and all will get you a good enough buzz to tolerate the kids while they play video games and visit the gift shop)! A tip for large families, rent a cabin at the YMCA. It’s the easiest and most comfortable accommodations up there!
4. Silverthorne/Breckenridge – Gondola rides, hiking and my fave…. OUTLETS! 🙂 Only 1.5 hours from Denver, you can find tons to do! Take a walk or bike ride around Lake Dillon then stop at my fave pub… Pug Ryan’s! YUM! I love their beer – Kilt Lifter. 😉
5. How about a stay-cation? Staying at home can still be fun. Explore your city in a new touristy way. Go to the Zoo, a museum you haven’t tried, heck, even Coors Field for a ball game or tour! Denver has soooo much to offer! Drive just a bit North of town and take the kids 11 and under to the WOW museum in Lafayette!
Those are my ideas, what are yours?
disclosure… so the legal peeps don’t breathe down my neck. 😉 – I wrote this blog post while participating in the Williamsburg Tourism and TwitterMoms blogging program for a chance to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.