I don’t want to clean. I loathe it. Hell, I even hired people to come clean FOR me twice a month. But here I sit, in a dirty office with a cluttered kitchen and a mountain of laundry to do. I need to get dinner ready and take kids to karate and help with homework, but here I sit. Here are the things I’m doing to avoid these housewifely duties…
1. Knit something. I mean, your kids can never have too many hats or little knit toys right?! It’s snowing for goodness sake! They NEED a new hat.
2. Oh, maybe I need to check the blog/facebook/twitter just one more time before I start…
3. What’s that Cartman? You want to read a book? Here, I’ll help! *Aren’t I a good mommy?!*
4. I suppose I need to return a few phone calls. I think my mom called me earlier when I wasn’t home. She’s good for 15-30 min of distraction.
5. *sniff sniff* Well, I’ll be… I think the baby needs changed again.
6. Anyone want to take a bath??? I’ve got bubbles!!!
7. bloop bloop Saved by the email! I’m sure Crate & Barrel would be upset if I didn’t read and click every link in their newsletter.
8. Did someone say Twitter Party?!?! #awesome
9. Maybe I’ll go check to see if the mail is here again. *15 min later* hmmmm, better go see if it’s here now!
10. Well, In Style isn’t going to read itself!
Latest posts by Emily (see all)
- Super League Gaming – Minecraft in Denver! - October 2, 2015
- Must-Have Apps for Moms - September 30, 2015
- 5 Ways to Get the School Year Off to a Great Start… for Parents! - September 30, 2015