So over the weekend I posted about my Sunday Sangria and it got an overwhelming amount of views on a day that normally my blog doesn’t get a lot of traffic. I’ve deduced two things from this. 1. You are all a bunch of lushes (just like me!) and 2. I need to post more fun summer drink recipes!
After rummaging through my new basement bar, I found that I don’t have much in the way of mixed drink liquor. Mostly Vodka’s and tequila’s with the occasional whiskey for visitors. The rest is good ol’ wine & my husbands lovely microbrew assortment. I was at a loss of how to top the Sunday Sangria. I thought of going down the margarita tasting path, but then I thought that was too expected.
I settle on this new bottle of Three Olives Vanilla Vodka I bought just ’cause it sounded like it tasted good. Mixed up a bottle of pinot gris and threw in some bits and bobs and Viola! A beautiful Apple Vanilla Sangria! (This time I remembered to take better pictures than just ones on my phone. 😉
- 1 bottle Pinot Gris or Pinto Grigio (I used MacMurray Pinot Gris for this one)
- 1/3 c Vanilla flavored Vodka
- 1 c 7-up
- 1/2 c simple syrup (1/2 c warm water with 1/4 c sugar mixed in)
- 1-2 granny smith apples, cored/peeled/sliced
- Mix and chill for 1-2 hours, or just do what I did and dump a lotta ice in it and drink right away! ;) The longer it sits, the more the vanilla and apple flavors come out. Perfect summer drink!
Latest posts by Emily (see all)
- Super League Gaming – Minecraft in Denver! - October 2, 2015
- Must-Have Apps for Moms - September 30, 2015
- 5 Ways to Get the School Year Off to a Great Start… for Parents! - September 30, 2015