Say WHAT?! Yup. You read that right.
I wanted to do something special for Father’s Day and thought, everyone loves BACON! I was off on a hunt for recipes. I came across many but none that I was thrilled about so I came up with my own. It’s more of a french toast tastin’ muffin with maple-y, bacon-y goodness. It’s a heavy cake, so I made the recipe so it yielded 12 instead of the typical 24.
Looks yummy doesn’t it?!
|Maple Bacon Cupcake||
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 3.9-ounce box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites, room temp
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup milk, room temp
- 1 cup HOT water
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temp
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 5 strips bacon, cooked and chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place paper liners in a 12-cup muffin pan.
- For the cupcakes: Combine the flour, pudding mix, baking powder, corn starch, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a standing mixer, cream the butter and sugars on a low speed until combined. Gradually mix in egg whites. Scrape down the sides of the bowl; continue mixing until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla. Mix well. Next, slowly add half of the flour mix, then add maple syrup and mild, mixing after each addition and ending with rest of the flour mix. Mix until the ingredients are just combined. Add the HOT water (this makes the batter less dense and turns it from muffin-like to cake-like). Mix until water is combined.
- Pour the batter into the liners, filling each cup about 3/4 of the way. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the frosting: Beat cream cheese & butter with a mixer until creamy. Add powdered sugar slowly. Add maple syrup and cinnamon; beat until combined. Spread or pipe onto cooled cupcakes; top with chopped bacon.
For perfect looking bacon, I bake mine! 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes in a pan with raised sides.
Latest posts by Emily (see all)
- Disney Social Media Moms 2014 #FashionFriday - April 11, 2014
- Blitz Paintball in Dacono, Colorado is BIG on Fun! - April 9, 2014
- 6 Great Toys for Easter Baskets - April 8, 2014