Cake pops have been the rage for a while. I’ve posted countless times about my love for them. But… We have a bigger love in our house. The boys recently asked me to make more of the mini Pop-Tart style treats I made around this time last year. Who am I to deny them of their pops?!
Brooke McLay of The Cheeky Kitchen wrote an article featured on Babble about cake pops and her interview with the Queen of Cake Pops, Bakerella. Under her article was a recipe and amazing photographs of her bakerella inspire pops. Poptart Pops!
These are way easier than you might think. I have more pictures of my first round of pop-tart pops here and then got crazy and made pumpkin pie pops in this post. I thought I’d take a minute and share just how easy it is to make them! In 30 minutes you can go from hungry to pop-full! Here is my version of this awesome recipe!
- 1 package of prepared refrigerated pie crust
- 1 can of dessert filling (I used raspberry for the pink set and pumpkin pie filling for the others)
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Food coloring to color the glaze
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees
- Take the pie crust and cut it into 1.5" x 2" rectangles
- Dab a small amt of pie filling in the center of a rectangle and layer another pie crust rectangle on top.
- Pinch the edges closed with a fork. (here you can insert a lollipop sticks or mini popsicle sticks if you want).
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the glaze by mixing the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Let the pops cool for a few minutes and then add the glaze on top (and sprinkles if you want them!). Let the glaze set a few more minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
Latest posts by Emily (see all)
- Hitting Up Concerts with the Toyota RAV4 - August 25, 2015
- Get Fit with AT&T - August 24, 2015
- Super League Gaming Presents: Minecraft at the Movies - July 30, 2015