My kids call these “fancy cakes”. They always want me to make them when we are having Brinner. You know, Breakfast for Dinner?! It’s my favorite dinner to have! I always know the kids will eat all their food when it’s Brinner-time. 😉
- 1 cup of oatmeal (not instant)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- In a large bowl, soak the oatmeal in the buttermilk for 15 minutes. Combine baking soda, flour and sugar then stir in the oat mixture. Beat the eggs slightly and add to the mix. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and brush with oil. Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup, pour the mix on the skillet and cook until lightly brown on both sides.
- Spread applesauce between two pancakes and cut into wedges.
- Copyright © © ColoradoMoms.com
Latest posts by Emily (see all)
- 3 Ways to Beat the Germs This Cold Season with Puffs Plus Lotion - September 12, 2016
- Hunger is… Too Close to Home. Safeway Teams Up to Help - September 8, 2016
- Our Stay at the Westin at Denver International Airport - September 1, 2016