My kids call these “fancy cakes”. They always want me to make them when we are having Brinner. You know, Breakfast for Dinner?! It’s my favorite dinner to have! I always know the kids will eat all their food when it’s Brinner-time. 😉
- 1 cup of oatmeal (not instant)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- In a large bowl, soak the oatmeal in the buttermilk for 15 minutes. Combine baking soda, flour and sugar then stir in the oat mixture. Beat the eggs slightly and add to the mix. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and brush with oil. Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup, pour the mix on the skillet and cook until lightly brown on both sides.
- Spread applesauce between two pancakes and cut into wedges.
- Copyright © © ColoradoMoms.com
Latest posts by Emily (see all)
- Denver Zoo Giraffe Encounter, Presented by Toyota - June 25, 2015
- Earn 10x Fuel Rewards at Safeway with Prepaid Wireless - June 11, 2015
- Getting Over My Fear of the Gym with Youfit Health Club - June 3, 2015