My kids call these “fancy cakes”. They always want me to make them when we are having Brinner. You know, Breakfast for Dinner?! It’s my favorite dinner to have! I always know the kids will eat all their food when it’s Brinner-time. 😉
- 1 cup of oatmeal (not instant)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- In a large bowl, soak the oatmeal in the buttermilk for 15 minutes. Combine baking soda, flour and sugar then stir in the oat mixture. Beat the eggs slightly and add to the mix. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and brush with oil. Using a ½ cup measuring cup, pour the mix on the skillet and cook until lightly brown on both sides.
- Spread applesauce between two pancakes and cut into wedges.
- Copyright © © ColoradoMoms.com
Calories: 1162 Fat: 26g Saturated fat: 10g Unsaturated fat: 13g Carbohydrates: 178g Sugar: 52g Sodium: 1922mg Fiber: 11g Protein: 53g Cholesterol: 411mg
Owner/Editor-in-Chief at ColoradoMoms.com
Emily is a mom to three very active boys. Her youngest is autistic so she is passionate about advocating for children and families on the spectrum. She attends more concerts than is humanly possible and takes some pretty amazingly blurry photos of said shows to prove she was there. Also, #hashtags are her favorite. #totes #noreally