Carrot Cake with a Kick
This recipe combines my love of spice cake with carrot cake! You may wish to add raisins to this, but I prefer it without. Raisins vs. No Raisins is a big debate in our family. Almost as bad as the East Coast/West Coast Rap Drama of the 90’s. Which side are you on?
- 2 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of canola oil
- 4 eggs, separated
- 5 Tbsp of hot water
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cup of grated carrots
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- Beat the oil and sugar. Mix in the egg yolks then water. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then add slowly to the wet ingredients. Stir in carrots and pecans. Pour into a 9x13 greased and floured baking pan. Cook at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Frost with Cream Cheese frosting.
- You can use 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice instead of the cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves if you have that on hand.
- Copyright © © ColoradoMoms.com
Latest posts by Emily (see all)
- Free Halloween Boo Printable - October 13, 2016
- Progresso Rich & Hearty Chicken Noodle Biscuit Bake - October 6, 2016
- Enbrighten Cafe Lights Can Transform Your Outdoor Space - October 3, 2016