This was soooooo good! It’s rare I find a recipe that everyone likes. Both the older boys, the hubby and I really loved this. I piled all the mushrooms on DH’s plate as the rest of us are anti-fungi, but it was delish! I served with a side of steamed peas. I also used low sodium chicken stock to make this healthier. This only took about 30 min start to finish! Super quick!!
Chicken and Mushroom Egg Noodles
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour, divided
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup pearl onions
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
-  Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling, salted water until cooked through but still firm to the bite. Drain and return to pot.
-  Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Place chicken pieces in a bowl or shallow dish. Combine half the flour with salt and pepper; sprinkle seasoned flour over chicken and toss to coat.
-  In a large nonstick skillet over medium high, heat half of the oil. Add chicken pieces and saute until browned, about 4 minutes. If necessary, work in batches. Transfer chicken to plate.
-  Add remaining oil to pan. Add garlic, Italian seasoning, and mushrooms & pearl onions and sauté until liquid evaporates and mushrooms darken, about 3 minutes. Add white wine, stirring to loosen browned bits; cook 1 minute. Stir in remaining flour; cook, stirring constantly, another minute. Add broth and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until sauce is slightly thick, 1 to 2 minutes.
-  Return chicken to pan. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Stir in noodles and cook just until heated through.
- Copyright © © ColoradoMoms.com
- Calories: 1829
- Sugar: 17
- Sodium: 697
- Fat: 47
- Saturated Fat: 9
- Unsaturated Fat: 34
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 204
- Protein: 125
- Cholesterol: 410