Perfect for these chilly fall nights! This recipe was created when I couldn’t find my dads trusty recipe and started getting creative on my own. Turned out pretty darn tasty if I do say so myself!
Coca Cola Chili
Write a review
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 cans water
- 1 can rotel, drained
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 can coke (regular, not diet)
- 4 tbsp chili powder (or more to taste)
- 2 15oz cans kidney beans, drained
- red pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Masa or flour to thicken
- Brown ground beef in stock pot over medium high heat, add all ingredients except red pepper and masa/flour. Boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 hours. Add red pepper (optional) masa/flour mixed with water (I do 1/4 cup water to 2 tbsp flour - or cheat and use the 2 alarm chili kit at King Soopers ) and simmer for additional 20 min+. Top with cheese and sour cream to taste.
- Not very spicy but DH dumps a heap of red pepper and jalepeno's in his. The coke made it really really really really really yummy! A sweet taste almost. HEAVEN!
- Copyright © © ColoradoMoms.com
Fueled by coffee and wine. Wife to a doc, mom to three boys (one with Autism), a puppy and a tortoise. I knit, I get crafty, I tweet.
Latest posts by Emily (see all)
- That One Time, When Fandango Was In Love With Me #WWEMoms - May 22, 2015
- Best Pancake Recipe - May 19, 2015
- Happy Mother’s Day from Understood.org - May 9, 2015