Another great recipe from a member of our forums! This one comes to us from Mandi! She says she makes this all the time and it’s a hit with the family! 🙂 She said you can even make 2 meals out of one!
CrockPot Chicken Torilla Soup
- 1 lb of chicken tenders
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 small bag of baby carrots
- 2 sliced bell peppers (color of choice)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 carton of chicken stock
- Olive oil
- Cumin, paprika, garlic salt and chili powder to taste (can substitute packet of taco seasoning)
- Place chicken in crockpot, drizzle with olive oil. Add spices, onions, peppers, carrots, tomatoes and chicken stock. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4. Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese and tortilla chips.
- If you want to make two dinners out of this, I add 2 lbs of chicken and on the second night, I use the broth to make mexican rice and serve the remaining chicken and veggies on top of the rice.
- Copyright © © ColoradoMoms.com
Calories: 1482 Fat: 77g Saturated fat: 13g Unsaturated fat: 60g Trans fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 111g Sugar: 8g Sodium: 4100mg Fiber: 11g Protein: 91g Cholesterol: 204mg
Owner/Editor-in-Chief at ColoradoMoms.com
Emily is a mom to three very active boys. Her youngest is autistic so she is passionate about advocating for children and families on the spectrum. She attends more concerts than is humanly possible and takes some pretty amazingly blurry photos of said shows to prove she was there. Also, #hashtags are her favorite. #totes #noreally