Healthy Eating – French Country Chicken
I’m starting my health kick and wanted to share some great healthy recipes I’m finding, tweaking and creating! This one is from the Mayo Clinic and I cannot wait to make it for dinner! (Nutrition Information included below recipe)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each 4 ounces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- ¼ pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose (plain) flour
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Place the chicken breasts between wax paper and pound with a mallet to flatten. Cut each piece in half lengthwise. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- In a small frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and saute for about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and wine until all the lumps are gone. Add the flour mixture to the shallots and mushrooms. Stir in the chicken stock and cook over medium-high heat. Stir until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add the rosemary.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and saute until no longer pink or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 170 F, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, transfer 2 chicken breast halves onto each plate. Spoon mushroom sauce over the chicken and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
Serving size: 2 chicken breast halves
Cholesterol 66 mg
Protein 28 g
Sodium 98 mg
Carbohydrate 6 g
Fiber 0.5 g
Calcium 30 mg
Potassium 485 mg
Total fat 9 g
Saturated fat 1 g
Monounsaturated fat 5 g
Copyright © © ColoradoMoms.com
Latest posts by Emily (see all)
- 3 Reasons Hemp is the Fabric of the Future with prAna (& a discount!) - November 30, 2016
- 5 Reasons to Shop Colorado Mills This Holiday Season… and a $500 giveaway! - November 28, 2016
- Tools for Parents to Talk to Kids About the Dangers of Underage Marijuana Use - November 18, 2016