Now if you know me, I hate “squishy fruit”. I don’t liked cooked or mushy fruit, just a weird thing with me. So… That said, I tend to keep the apple slices pretty thick so they stay a bit firm with this dessert. DH likes the apples more tender, it’s all personal preference and how long you bake them. 😉
- 4-6 granny smith apples
- 8 graham crackers, finely chopped
- 3/4 c packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c quick oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 c butter or margarine, melted
- Whipped cream or ice cream topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel, core and slice apples and place in a deep baking dish.
- Finely chop the graham crackers and add brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg, mix well. Add butter and mix well again.
- Sprinkle graham cracker mix evenly over apples. Bake for 30-35 min. Top with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
- Copyright © © ColoradoMoms.com
Latest posts by Emily (see all)
- 3 Ways to Beat the Germs This Cold Season with Puffs Plus Lotion - September 12, 2016
- Hunger is… Too Close to Home. Safeway Teams Up to Help - September 8, 2016
- Our Stay at the Westin at Denver International Airport - September 1, 2016