I’m kind of addicted to edamame right now, can you tell? At least the kids love it too, so it’s an easy way to pack in nutrition to a meal.
Shrimp and Snow Pea Stir-fry
Write a review
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons mirin (rice wine) or sherry
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 4 green onions , sliced
- 2 cups frozen edamame, thawed
- 3 cups snow peas
- 1 cup jasmine rice, uncooked
-  Cook rice according to package instructions.
-  In a medium bowl, combine the broth, cornstarch, rice wine, sesame oil, soy sauce and sugar.
-  Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the shrimp and stir-fry for a minute. Add the onions, edamame and snow peas and saute for 2-3 minutes more. Add in the cornstarch mixture and let simmer for about 3 minutes. Serve with rice and pass extra soy sauce at the table.
- per serving: 400 calories; 42 grams protein; 16 grams total fat; 7 grams fiber; 2 grams saturated fat; 22 grams carbohydrates; 170 mgs cholesterol; 559 mgs sodium
- Copyright © © ColoradoMoms.com
Fueled by coffee and wine. Wife to a doc, mom to three boys (one with Autism), a puppy and a tortoise. I knit, I get crafty, I tweet.
Latest posts by Emily (see all)
- Uncommon Goods Gift Guide: Wine, Whiskey, and Song - February 2, 2016
- Get a Letter from Santa with Safeway - December 17, 2015
- Last Minute Hot Holiday Tech Ideas with AT&T #AttDenver - December 16, 2015