Shrimp and Snow Pea Stir-Fry
I’m kind of addicted to edamame right now, can you tell? At least the kids love it too, so it’s an easy way to pack in nutrition to a meal.
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons mirin (rice wine) or sherry
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (low sodium)
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 4 green onions , sliced
- 2 cups frozen edamame, thawed
- 3 cups snow peas
- 1 cup jasmine rice, uncooked
-  Cook rice according to package instructions.
-  In a medium bowl, combine the broth, cornstarch, rice wine, sesame oil, soy sauce and sugar.
-  Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the shrimp and stir-fry for a minute. Add the onions, edamame and snow peas and saute for 2-3 minutes more. Add in the cornstarch mixture and let simmer for about 3 minutes. Serve with rice and pass extra soy sauce at the table.
Copyright © © ColoradoMoms.com
Latest posts by Emily (see all)
- 3 Reasons Hemp is the Fabric of the Future with prAna (& a discount!) - November 30, 2016
- 5 Reasons to Shop Colorado Mills This Holiday Season… and a $500 giveaway! - November 28, 2016
- Tools for Parents to Talk to Kids About the Dangers of Underage Marijuana Use - November 18, 2016