Gnocchi with Chicken and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Oh my heavens, I love me some gnoochi! I’m glad that the kids and hubby love it as well, or they would have at least one night a week where they had to fend for themselves. I make gnocchi a lot! I love the blog “How to Cook Like Your Grandmother“. They have a great recipe for making gnocchi from scratch (with pictures!) I get short on time, so most of my recipes use pre-packaged gnocchi.
This recipe has sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts and chicken. It’s so delish that my mouth is literally watering right now typing this out!
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes (oil-packed), julienned, oil reserved
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ c flour
- 16 ounces Gnocchi
- 4 garlic clove(s), minced
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 small jar of artichoke hearts (optional)
- Cut the chicken into cubes. Drege in flour until lightly coated. Heat 1 tablespoon oil reserved from the sun dried tomatoes in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate and don’t clean the skillet.
- Cook gnocchi per package (or recipe) instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon tomato oil in chicken skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté until tender, about 1 minute. Add sun-dried tomatoes, chicken, basil, broth and artichoke hearts to skillet and saute.
- Add chicken mix to gnocchi and toss to coat. drizzle a small amount of tomato oil over. (if desired).
Latest posts by Emily (see all)
- 3 Reasons Hemp is the Fabric of the Future with prAna (& a discount!) - November 30, 2016
- 5 Reasons to Shop Colorado Mills This Holiday Season… and a $500 giveaway! - November 28, 2016
- Tools for Parents to Talk to Kids About the Dangers of Underage Marijuana Use - November 18, 2016