Oh my heavens, I love me some gnoochi! I’m glad that the kids and hubby love it as well, or they would have at least one night a week where they had to fend for themselves. I make gnocchi a lot! I love the blog “How to Cook Like Your Grandmother“. They have a great recipe for making gnocchi from scratch (with pictures!) I get short on time, so most of my recipes use pre-packaged gnocchi.
This recipe has sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts and chicken. It’s so delish that my mouth is literally watering right now typing this out!
Gnocchi with Chicken and Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (oil-packed), julienned, oil reserved
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 c flour
- 16 ounces Gnocchi
- 4 garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 small jar of artichoke hearts (optional)
- Cut the chicken into cubes. Drege in flour until lightly coated. Heat 1 tablespoon oil reserved from the sun dried tomatoes in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate and don’t clean the skillet.
- Cook gnocchi per package (or recipe) instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon tomato oil in chicken skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté until tender, about 1 minute. Add sun-dried tomatoes, chicken, basil, broth and artichoke hearts to skillet and saute.
- Add chicken mix to gnocchi and toss to coat. drizzle a small amount of tomato oil over. (if desired).
- Calories: 3229
- Sugar: 24
- Sodium: 622
- Fat: 126
- Saturated Fat: 11
- Unsaturated Fat: 107
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 396
- Protein: 126
- Cholesterol: 146