I love wine. That’s no shock to anyone here right?! Well a good friend of my Husband & I makes THE best sangria ever. Hands down. He’s given me his recipe but no matter what I do, it just doesn’t taste the same. 🙁 So, I’ve decided to just come up with my own. I was going to name it “2nd Rate Sangria” or “Not as good a Jorge’s Sangria” but thought people wouldn’t be able to roll that off their tongues as well. So, since it’s Sunday… Sunday Sangria! It’s very refreshing and full of antioxidants. I am not legally allowed to tell you that it will keep you healthy or make you lose weight or any of that, but it has berries rich with antioxidants in it, so I think it’s safe to say that. You will need a decent sized pitcher to mix this up, but make sure it can fit in your fridge, as I feel this is best chilled.
- 1 bottle red wine - I prefer a Chilean Red like Casillero del Diablo Merlot, but have also used cheapy Little Penguin cab/merlot blend and it tasted fine.
- 4 oz Crown Royal - yes, the stuff in the purple bag. ;) You can use another whiskey, but I think this hides the whiskey taste the best.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup 7 up
- 1 cup orange juice (pulp free)
- 1 pint fresh Blackberries
- 1 pint fresh Strawberries, hulled and quartered
- A whole lotta Ice
Latest posts by Emily (see all)
- Celebrating National Women’s Health Week with #MyColgateSelfie - May 5, 2016
- The Dandelion Tattoo - May 4, 2016
- Macy’s Culinary Council Comes to Denver with Johnny Iuzinni - April 21, 2016