My grandmother always had the BEST Thanksgiving dinners. I had been drooling just thinking about her sweet potato casserole when I looked in a recipe box she left me when she passed, and there it was! Hallelujah!
Since it’s the season of Giving and whatnot, I am sharing it with all of you along with links to some other great recipes I make each year. Enjoy!
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 3 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp butter
- 8oz chopped pecans
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup butter
- Add milk and egg to mashed sweet potatoes. Beat well until a smooth paste is formed. Melt 3 tbsp butter in a frying pan. Add pecans and saute for 2 min. sirring constantly. Add sweet potato mixture and blend until pecans are dispersed. Place in a large casserole dish.
- To prepare topping, heat maple syrup and ¼ c butter until butter is melted. Pour over the top of the casserole and bake at 400 degrees for 45 min (or until top is golden brown). Makes 6-8 generous servings.
Check out our other recipes for Thanksgiving or any time of year!
Latest posts by Emily (see all)
- TRESemme and WalMart Help You Get Award Show Hair - August 29, 2014
- 7 Punny Halloween Costumes for Teenagers & Adults - August 28, 2014
- Help Teachers Earn School Supplies with @GreatClips #GreatList - August 22, 2014