My grandmother always had the BEST Thanksgiving dinners. I had been drooling just thinking about her sweet potato casserole when I looked in a recipe box she left me when she passed, and there it was! Hallelujah!
Since it’s the season of Giving and whatnot, I am sharing it with all of you along with links to some other great recipes I make each year. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 3 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp butter
- 8oz chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- Add milk and egg to mashed sweet potatoes. Beat well until a smooth paste is formed. Melt 3 tbsp butter in a frying pan. Add pecans and saute for 2 min. sirring constantly. Add sweet potato mixture and blend until pecans are dispersed. Place in a large casserole dish.[br]
- To prepare topping, heat maple syrup and 1/4 c butter until butter is melted. Pour over the top of the casserole and bake at 400 degrees for 45 min (or until top is golden brown). Makes 6-8 generous servings.
You can add a couple tablespoons of bourbon to the butter to saute the pecans for an extra kick!
Check out our other recipes for Thanksgiving or any time of year!
Latest posts by Emily (see all)
- Hitting Up Concerts with the Toyota RAV4 - August 25, 2015
- Get Fit with AT&T - August 24, 2015
- Super League Gaming Presents: Minecraft at the Movies - July 30, 2015