As you probably already can tell by the blog, we are huge fans of toys in this house. My boys are awesome toy testers. They set things up, crash them down, test durability and longevity, they are my
minions cute little testers and they are great at their job.
We recently received the Marble Run from Plan Toys to
try to destroy test out. Right away they were clamoring at the box. What was it? When can they play with it? Who got to test it first? Lots of questions coming from them.
The box said 3+ so the older boys started to sulk and shy away, letting Brady (who is five) have his moment of glory as top toy tester for the day. Not so fast there boys. I told them to stick around because I was sure we’d need their help, and I was right.
The marble run had only a few pieces to set up but they were a bit tricky to get to stay put. Brady needed his brother’s help to set up the various runs and pretty soon all three boys were at the table setting up, crashing down and testing that durability like I knew they could.
A few things I liked about the marble run:
- Eco-friendly. With non-formaldehyde construction and organic colors, this sustainable toy is better for the environment than most plastic toys.
- Few pieces mean fewer pieces to lose!
- Bright colors make this set fun.
- The combinations to set up your run are endless!
A few things to be aware of wit this set:
- You have to rest the pieces just so to get them to angle down to allow for the ball to glide through your course with ease.
- Easy to knock down accidentally, which can result in tears. Ask how I know this one. 😉
All in all it was a fun set and the boys actually got along for a while! Helping each other, seeing who could build the best combo run and just having fun.
The Marble Run from Plan Toys retails for around $21. To find a Plan Toys retailer near you, visit – PlanToys.com
disclosure: I received the marble run for my review. No monetary compensation was made.