Search here...
TOP
Featured Recipes

Tasty Tuesday: Freezer Meal Workshops with Wildtree

FMW

It’s a well-known fact that I love to cook, and that I am passionate about eating clean. In our home, that means we follow the “80/20 Rule”, meaning 80% of what we eat is clean i.e. organic, nothing artificial, as close to nature as possible. That leaves 20% for splurges like a special dinner out, even the occasional drive-thru or junk food treat. 

Problem is, when I’m in a hurry to get food on the table, those convenience foods look pretty tempting. A frozen pizza here, Chinese delivery there..soon we’ve passed our 20% allotment! My wallet and my tummy are very unhappy if that happens too often. 

So when I was invited to a Freezer Meal Workshop with Wildtree-a company specializing in delicious seasoning blends that are free of MSG, GMOs, and artificial anything, I jumped at the chance. I simply ordered the product bundle from the rep, bought the items from the grocery list she sent me, and prepped the freezer bags for each meal according to the simple instructions. I arrived at the workshop to find all my products waiting there for me, plus all the recipes and labels for the bags. Along with a few other fun ladies, I chatted, snacked, and worked on assembling my freezer bags. In just an hour and a half, we were done!

Everything we needed for the Freezer Meal Workshop was there waiting for us!

Everything we needed for the Freezer Meal Workshop was there waiting for us!

 

Once I cooked the first meal from that workshop, I quickly fell in love with how yummy, healthy, cost-effective, and most of all convenient they are–so much so that I signed on with the company the next day!

I could go on about how much I have truly fallen in love, but I’ll narrow it down to my Top 3 Reasons: 

1. Saves Time

I have LOVED being able to come home in the late afternoon, already knowing what’s for dinner. I just take out the next day’s bag each night so it can thaw in the fridge. Depending on the recipe I can simply leave it in the fridge until dinner time (most of the recipes we made take just minutes on the stovetop, oven, or grill), or pop it in the Crock Pot in the morning!  

Just a few minutes on the grill for these mouthwatering wings!

Just a few minutes on the grill for these mouthwatering wings!

2. Saves Money

It can be hard to eat healthy in a hurry, and it’s even harder to eat healthy, cheaply! But knowing that I have 2 weeks’ worth of dinners already done prevents me from over-buying at the grocery store, and we’ve been able to avoid getting fast food or delivery on our busiest nights. It was a bit of an investment up front, especially if you’re accustomed to grocery shopping a few times a week for smaller amounts. But it’s paid off in a big way! The meals themselves work out to less than $3 per serving, and my grocery bill decreased noticeably the few weeks after the workshop. I was even able to use several of the items from my bundle to make snacks (Fiesta Salsa popcorn! Cajun Roasted Chickpeas!) and use up some random meats that were taking up space in my freezer. 

There are certainly other Freezer Cooking and meal planning methods, but many of them require a monthly subscription fee and a whole weekend dedicated to grocery shopping and cooking. An entire Sunday stuck in my kitchen? No thanks. Which brings me to my last and BEST reason:

3. It’s FUN! 

Like most busy moms, I don’t have Girls’ Night Out nearly as often as I’d like. But at our Wildtree Freezer Meal Workshop  we barely even noticed we were working-we were so busy snacking, chatting, laughing, and sipping wine! Before we knew it we had all completed our 10 Freezer Meals. And now I have meals ready for my next girls’ night-they are so easy to prepare with directions right on the bag, that I think even my husband or 12 year old could figure it out! 

If you’d like to host your own Freezer Meal Workshop, let us know! As I mentioned, I’ve signed on as an Independent Rep with Wildtree and I am happy to schedule workshops in the north metro/Boulder area! Get in touch with me here : mywildtree.com/emilyjones. Laura, the lovely lady who introduced me to Wildtree, is based in Castle Rock and would love to schedule your workshop in the South area. You can reach her here: mywildtree.com.lauraserota. And if you’re thinking about joining our team, let either one of us know! It’s a great company with some amazing support and training for their reps! 


 

disclaimer: I am an Independent Representative with Wildtree, and I receive a commission from any sales I make. However, the Freezer Meal Workshops are so much fun, and the resulting meals so easy, delicious and healthy, that I really just want to share it with you! All opinions are mine and are honest. Photo Credits: Laura Serota

ColoradoMoms.com

«

»

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.